Student Services

Last Updated: 8/5/2021 3:10 PM

Director of EMIS and Student Services
Brandon Stanfill

Tardy Policy
Beginning with the 2008-2009 School Year, the tardy policy will state that “Every 3 Unexcused Tardies will equal 1 Unexcused Absence.” This policy is in conjunction with the Juvenile Court and the Juvenile Justice Center. In addition, each school may provide consequences based on the number of tardies for your child. Schools may utilize Detention, BIC, Extended Detention (ie. Friday School), up to and including (if necessary) Suspension from school in order to encourage on-time attendance. Our goal is to have students at school on time every day.

Open Enrollment and Special Permission

Open enrollment falls under the purview of Student Services. Information can be found here.

Work Permit
You may pick up a work permit at the Miami School, 140 Ross Avenue, from June 1 – July 31. From August 1 – May 31, work permits will be completed at your child’s school. The following information needs to be completed when you return the permit to the Board:

  • Application for Employment Certificate – The Student must complete the application and have a parent/guardian sign it. The student must be 14 or older to obtain a permit. This card needs to be completed for every new job.
  • Pledge of Employer Card – Have your employer fill out and sign. This form must include exact information relative to the hours of employment, the type of work you will perform, and their TIN# (tax identification number). This card needs to be completed for every new job.
  • School Record of Applicant Card – This should be taken to your school office and filled out by the office personnel. Charter schools the school card for their students. This card is good for one year.
  • Physician’s Certificate – This must be filled out by your doctor. Physician or sports physicals are good for one year.

The applicant (student) must personally bring back the completed cards to their school office; where it will be entered into our website at the state department. The student will then be issued their permit.

If you have any questions, please call 868-4442.

Important Downloads